Are You Living or Merely Existing??
Where are you in your life?
A podcast asked “are you living or merely existing?”
It’s sad to say but many of us just exist.
Why is that?
We get caught up in the daily grind, i.e. the rat race, huh?
Is that really how you want to live? (if you're answer is "no" see below for tips)
I’m sure the answer is “NO”. I mean come on, wouldn’t we all love to live like Richard Branson, the CEO of Virgin Airlines, who is out there skydiving, and going on safari...
Or maybe like Oprah, doing amazing things like opening the leadership academy in Africa, funding thousands of young people’s college education, and presenting at the Oscar’s...
Okay, so those examples may seem really out there but there is a lot us “average Joe’s” can do to be more purposeful and fulfilled in our lives too.
Many people get motivated to fulfill their dreams only when something tragic happens.
Don't wait for a crisis to happen! You're better than that ♥
Be purposeful and intentional while times are good.
Several years ago I asked myself this very question. Call it a mid-life crisis, seeking my purpose, whatever you want... but for me I felt this uneasiness. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Don’t get me wrong: to anyone looking in, I had it all. A wonderful job making a lucrative income, a loving husband, happy healthy children, and the list goes on...
Nothing to complain about.
…But inside me there was this “nudge” and it had been there for a while. The “man upstairs” had different plans for me... if you feel this "nudge" too, then it's time to take a look at it.
All my gifts and passions have collided into my dream opportunity as an entrepreneur sharing the lessons that I’ve learned in business and life.
- I left my corporate job 😃
- Went on a mission trip 🙏
- Started speaking 📢
- Published a book 📖
- Became a certified life coach 🙌
- Joined the National Speakers Association…
… as well as a number of other significant changes.
Wow! Life is great, not perfect... in fact, it's scary, frustrating at times, but also exciting and fulfilling …Although, it would have never happened if I didn’t get off the mouse wheel.
So what about you?
I’d love to share my whole story with you, but essentially it came down to getting intentional, investing in a coach and taking action.
Start with these steps:
- Ask: “What would my life look like if there were no limitations? What are my gifts, what comes easy to me?”
- Journal your answers. Put it out there. (it's amazing what happens when you're clear on what you want.)
- Read, listen to podcasts, watch videos about whatever it is that interests you.("feed" your mind and spirit positive "stuff".)
- Talk to and meet with others who are doing what you want to do.
- Get a coach if you're stuck and need a guide (I can help you 🙋♀️)
When you take action, doors start to open.
People start to show up and the wheels are in motion. Have the courage to take action! Living and thriving is way better than merely existing! What do you think?
What helps you shift into happiness? Comment and let me know!
* If you're feeling stuck and want to take control of your life, prioritize what's most important and make confident decisions to move your life and career in a positive direction - Click here to schedule a free consultation call
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.