6 Tips to Minimize Stress, Have More Peace and Live a Better Life
When someone asks you, “how are you doing?”...
...Does your response typically include “busy”?
How does that feel?
Not great, huh? Or maybe you think you love that adrenaline rush of constantly being on the go?? Is there some reason that you feel like you can’t stop? Maybe, you don’t want to let others down, everyone refers to you as Superwoman so you’ve got to live up to that image or it may be deeper? I get it. But guess what….it doesn’t have to be that way.
These 6 tips will help you minimize stress, provide room for peace, and ultimately move you in the direction for a better life...who doesn’t want that??
- Do Less. Yes, you heard me right. Take the time to prioritize what’s most important. Evaluate all the various items on your plate and determine what you can either eliminate, delegate, or automate.
- Take a deep breath and get present. When your mind is racing thinking about all the stuff you need to do, should do, wanna do...you don’t remember anything about your day. Stop and literally take several deep breaths. Pay attention to how the stress leaves your body. Breath quickly realigns you and provides you with the awareness to be present and notice things around you.
- Build in buffer time. If you’re constantly rushing to appointments or other obligations, you’re not building in enough buffer time. If you think it will take 30 minutes to get somewhere, give yourself at least 45 minutes so you can go at a leisurely pace which ultimately provides you with the peace and calm you’re yearning for.
- Spread out events and activities. Don't plan things close together. Instead, leave time between the various plans and tasks. When you do this it allows you to have more flexibility in your day and if anything goes awry, you’ve got bandwidth and can stay in a proactive state of mind (vs. constantly being in reactive mode...that’s not fun.)
- Reduce your obligations. Stop over-committing yourself with work, family, friends, sports, etc. and say “no” to what doesn’t serve you or your family. (check out my Mindset Reset Course to really dig into this topic).
- Do things in slow motion. It sounds strange, but try slowing down by 10%. Whether it’s making a cup of tea, folding the laundry, driving, talking to your loved ones. Take your time, make your actions deliberate, not rushed and random.
Take time to do what you’re doing instead of constantly looking for ways to save time so that you can fit more in. Doing too much is not an effective way to work or live. Slowing down is a calmer and more peaceful way to approach your life and when you take the time to do this, you create a mindfulness that sets you up for success to live a better life.
Try this mantra: “I am present and my life runs at the perfect pace.”
If you found this helpful, you may also enjoy my book, Inspirational Mind Food.
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.